Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New House Details

Well, here she is.... DH and my new house... well at least the "front" anyway.  I planned to take lots of pictures but plans got changed.  I'll take more and post 'em as soon as I can.



Don't ya just love our pretty landscaping?  Nothing looks better than random dirt piles surrounding a house, right?  Ugh!  The to-do list at our house is enormous!  The dirt WILL find a new home in the near future.  We plan to use it to help level out some of our less than great areas in our yard.

Currently, DH is working on re-routing the gutter/drainage system.  What we have is simply not working out, so DH has been digging trenches and installing PVC pipes to relocate the water AWAY from the house.  DH is just awesome!  He's ALWAYS working on the new house as his short supply of time allows.  Honestly, I don't know how he works 50-60 hours a week, does a 1-hour 1-way commute each day, then works on our new house over 20 hours a week too.  I hope to give him one heck of a good Father's Day celebration...tips, ideas, and suggestions are welcome!  He deserves something awesome...I just hope I can do something special for him on his day.     

Ok, details about the house as promised!  It's an Amish built 30 by 60 foot structure with a 9/12 pitched roof.  This gives us around 700 square feet upstairs to use as we wish with a total square footage of approx 2500 feet which is HUGE compared to our current home.  It has a 8 by 60 foot porch on the east and west sides of the house.  I long to sit on my favorite lawn chair and sip lemonade on those porches this summer.  The house has 5 bedrooms (2 of those will be used as playrooms--one upstairs and one downstairs), 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bath upstairs, laundry/mud room, open kitchen and dining room with gas fireplace and living room with open office space which will be upstairs as well.  I designed the floor plan myself using a program DH purchased for me.  It's pretty basic square and rectangular shapes for all the rooms but I prefer simple lines for home design.  To decrease costs, I tried to keep all of the rooms that require water (ie bathrooms, laundry room and kitchen) in a centralized location.  The upstairs bath is "stacked" on top of the laundry room.  All of the main floor bedrooms are clustered together at the south end of the house. We also have a 1200 square foot 3 car detached garage on property and a few random crummy sheds that we plan to spruce up as time and money allows.  We will have radiant floor heat (fueled by one of our 2 propane tankless water heaters) for the coldest months but we will use our 2 air pumps for heating during the times when heat is only needed for nights.  The air pumps will also provide the AC too.  DH is super techy, so we will have lots of WIFI stuff like duel WIFI thermostats.        

It's been a crazy couple of weeks here at the House of Gregorys.  (Note to self:  Never have a huge garage sale and open house on the same day again unless you officially lose your mind or become masochistic.)  I hope to have more news about progress on the house soon.  It seems like there is always another delay.  Ugh!  At this point, I truly wonder when we'll ever get moved in, but I know it WILL happen!  Can't wait to share pictures of our foam insulation with ya when it gets installed!       

2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING your house! Sounds perfect!!! Can't wait to see some more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Can't wait to see more pics when u get some taken! :)

    ReplyDelete